At HigherEd Talent, our consultants offer a high level of expertise and extensive experience in both the academic and administrative domains of higher education. Their in-depth understanding of higher education enables our consultants to work collaboratively with stakeholders in the development of programs, practices, and strategies designed to achieve mission-critical goals. The short biographies below are a representative sample of our consultant pool that reflects the talent and expertise of HigherEd Talent staff and associates.
- Senior executive and practice leader with 20 years of experience in conducting search committee seminars for faculty, staff, and administrators. Recognized talent management consultant and published author with expertise in building comprehensive search processes that strengthen talent acquisition through outreach, recruitment, screening, interviewing, and hiring protocols tailored to specific institutional settings.
- Recognized thought leader with large body of published work on strategic diversity and human resource practices in higher education. Nationally recognized expert in leadership development for academic and administrative stakeholders. Significant experience in presenting to large audiences through keynote addresses and seminars on topics that include cultural competence, diversity in the academic department, and integration of HR and diversity strategy.
- Senior compensation consultant with 25 years of experience in the design and development of higher education compensation programs for faculty, administrators, and staff. Specific areas of expertise include comprehensive compensation design including development of salary range structures; market analysis and benchmarking with peer institutions; and development of proactive strategies to address internal and external equity despite budgetary limitations.
- Executive talent acquisition and management expert in higher education with 30 years of experience in the design and development of state-of-the-art talent development practices that lead to institutional transformation. Published extensively in talent management area with a focus on strengthening organizational effectiveness and building institutional capacity. Expertise in working with clients on systematic approaches to cultural change, communication, conflict resolution, and integrating diverse teams around common goals.
- Highly experienced labor relations expert with extensive experience in negotiations strategy, formulating contract proposals tailored to institutional needs, developing communication strategies, and enhancing labor-management collaboration. Proven expertise in contract settlements in higher education that address the employee value proposition and total reward strategies while maintaining financial security.
- Accomplished subject matter expert in intergroup relations with over 25 years of experience leading seminars for faculty, staff, administrators and students in building diverse teams, enhancing dialogue, and promoting positive interactions across difference. Skilled facilitator with proven ability to generate and guide discussion of sensitive diversity-related topics leading to greater collaborative synergy among participants while ensuring confidentiality and psychological safety.
- Experienced executive with extensive experience in the development of a comprehensive total rewards strategy that addresses compensation, benefits, career ladders, performance evaluation, and leave programs for faculty, administrators, and staff. In-depth expertise in program design that strengthens the potential for career growth while simultaneously promoting increased job satisfaction. Highly skilled in leading focus groups designed to elicit employee views on the total rewards package that lead to components of the program design. Proven ability to craft successful communication strategies that keep the campus community abreast of progress in program design and implementation.
- Experienced organizational development (OD) expert with two decades of strategic diversity and human resources leadership experience. Proven expertise in assessing diversity culture and climate through focus groups, climate studies, interviews, presentations, and surveys. Published expert in best practices in diversity in higher education including diversity strategic plans, organizational design, assessment tools, and Inclusive Excellence change initiatives in support of institutional goals and objectives.